Breaking up with a friend

by - 3:43 PM



Today is the day I will be exposing a story that I believe a lot of people can relate to. 




Cherry entered college

In the begining everything was fine, met friends and within there was a special girl that was very alike in terms of working, fact that made projects super easy at the time and with the best grade always. Of course we partnered  for everything, it was the best choice, wasting less time working and getting ultimate results, yup! It was good. 

What I'm about to say might sound like bragging but as someone has told me:

You don't have to apologize for success, not when you have fought for it and worked you ass off to get what you have~ 

- I've always been an excellence student, yes, always, my parents raised me with that purpose in mind actually so, rivals tend to come on the way in order to take your first place and smile above you, now to add a bit more, I am very competitive in all matters, and want to win all the time (who doesn't?) and this girl presented to me as the same. She is very very competitive and will literally do anything to get what she wants. Either way our grades were always really the same, so we were practically the perfect TEAM. 

Time passed and...turns out Cherry fell in love, and love has a cost sometimes... it all went perfect but on the journey, there were some challenges for da relationship to grow and remain as beautiful as it is at the moment (Ha! spoiler!). Let me tell you, Cherry is very emotional, her feelings are intense most of the time and there is no way to stop her from crying when she really is hurt. I have mentioned in TRUST ISSUES: PART I  a bit of the story or some effects of it, at least the ugly side.  


So, considering a lingering sadness

...and growing ache in roots of jealousy (obviously potentialized by real facts and events) this specific friend became a shoulder to cry on, since she was pretty much the one I had to spend three quarters of my day with -we had all our classes together- and she really listened.

 At this moment of tranquility now I realize that many of her consolation speeches were mostly adding to the pain, they were not improving in any way, but rather depressing and making me doubt even more of what was going on. 

This became eviden after my storm was over and happiness took over, since Cherry told her about all of the cute and fun stuff that happened regarding the painful situation and her reaction was pretty much cold stone and she instantly began to remind me all the bad aspects that his particular person has, how I didn't got what I wanted specifically, how this could lead to failure, how the other girl would never go away and well... reminding me all of the bad and no, no, it was not in a sense of hey girl be careful, I don't want him to hurt you again, no, it was said with such a tone that made me feel weird, even uncomfortable. 

Why wasn't she happy that I finally was? 

Throughout our college journey competition was evident as I said, but pretty normal actually, in my head love and growing up internally was a priority, because I consider these experiences one of a kind, the ones that help you learn more about yourself and guide your path towards a true destination, along maturity and tranquility in the overall life scenario. After my second semester breakdown due obtaining a B that would bring my GPA down by a tiny important bit - that in the end didn't matter at all- I realized there was more to worry about and the grading process is not fair at all for anyone! You can get an A with plenty methods that do not require learning for real, but let's say that while I had fun and relaxed a bit, she struggled a bit more with the love part. 


My friend had a tough experience

 That could all be solved by propper communication but  at the moment we both suffered, but in her case studies were number one priority, above anything else and it was obvious she loved to beat everyone in the class, not in the best way we must add... 

To make it shorter, this friend made it obvious that it was all good and magic when I was beneath her, in grades, crying over heartbreak, getting fatter even! but aslong as she had it "better" our so called friendship that well was mostly just partnership, was gonna remain the same. When my life turned around and got finally lovely, she started to leave and to be honest it may be one of the best things that happened during my college days. 

I cried over this, yes I did, because no matter what we had, it was a huge part of my life aswell and suddenly breaking all contact was not really the way I expected things to go, and as a villain, which makes it worse, when literally all I did was study, go to work and spend time with my loved man. It came as a shock but all we lived, it became clear to me that she wasn't really a nice energy to keep around, she was the opposite of it, always expecting me to be down or at least not above her. Many would say that it was not the case and I made it up, that is how social life works, everyone makes up things about events that aren't even part of their life, creating unnecessary rumours and unreal details. 

After she left me

...cutting all contact we ever had, my struggle to survive without a partner to share work or free time in between classes was hard, but after realizing how bad our energies were together, how the interaction added no good to self development and greatness, then my soul was finally in peace, there was no pain, no tears, no late night projects, no drama, and most of all, there was no one to bring me down anymore, no one inserting doubt in my life. 

Currently I spend my days working, lazying around and meeting friends, spending also a ridiculous amount of time dedicated to my love. In general it is all about getting better, enjoying life and remember these situations happen, we change, we are dynamic creatures that are in constant change, so I'm not surprised by that and can only learn with the experience, remembering all the good times we had together and expecting she feels the same way, living life to its fullest, with no regret or bad energy involved, I wish her all the happiness~  



For all the cherries going through a situation like this 

  • It all goes better, if your friend leaves, remember it is not your fault, we change all the time and it is most likely that you both do not need each others energies at the moment and to experience a different light is always part of life.


  • Remember all the good times and learn through this.


  • Cry all you want & need, even if you weren't truly friends, a partner always touches the heart.


  • Enjoy yourself: It is time to discover what you are in the most RAW state, explore all of your senses,time to reset and find


🍒🍒🍒

You May Also Like

0 comments