Why I donate my decluttered items

by - 9:23 PM




First time I actually looked at my closet with the intention of owning what works and makes me happy, I realized half of it was mainly stuff that for me has no use anymore. I told others about my decluttering process and pretty much everyone told me: SELL IT ALL


Amm yeah, by selling every item that came out from the decluttering stage of my closet, you can easily earn a few thousands, but why sell it? Sure, a student like me could use some extra money, but remember, people with nothing at all could use some clothes, something to help them live by & this is why I started looking out for options.


There are plenty shelters in my city, they specialize in a lot really! Choosing was too hard, should I give it to kids? migrants? to the elderly? Before I could actually do anything about it someone knocked on my door. A lady with two children was asking for help, she said everything was useful for her since she was homeless. In Mexico help for the homeless is quite restricted, they have to go through a lot of paper work and most of them don't want or can actually pass the required minimum to obtain government aid. As bad as this sounds there are multiple shelters that work independently but they can be difficult to be found, that is why a lot preffer to stay on the streets and ask for help. 

Now, this lady had come to my house before but i didn't know about it since my mother was the one helping her without telling us, so I though ok, money is worthy for her and the children but these items (clothes mostly) can actually help her and idk maybe she can sell or trade them, they are really useful and I reallly don't have feelings left for them. My mother thought it was a good idea and well the lady accepted the items with a huuuuuge smile which made me realize it was the best choice! 

Now I want to share the love once more and tell you guys that no matter how small, help is always welcomed in any specie, food, clothes, money or even meds  (careful, simple and no prescription ones or talk to a doctor before aiding) everything is helpful to those who have nothing else. 

I will keep donating stuff I declutter and search for other shelters that accept them too! Helping others not only yes, helps others haha but it is also an action that helps yourself by letting go and learning to share, to give away things that have no place in your space and could mean the world to others! 

I encourage you to take at least one item and donate it to the shelter or person of your preference, believe me, we all have at least 10 items that we no longer need ;)    




🍒🍒🍒

You May Also Like

0 comments