Work does NOT define me

by - 10:25 PM




Life takes us on changes all the time, wether it's changing our hair colour, transitioning from spring to winter clothes and of course, there is the ultimate change we all must face:WORK.

As a kid, work seems like a fantasy, everyone makes money, everyone is happy attending at 7 am and everyone is a CEO. As you grow older and realize life is diversity and not at all static and smiling working people on stock images:



It hits you, you can be anything you want and however you want, but not really, multiple factors alter your own desires and aspirations, but we'll to discuss that in another post to get to the center of the magical issue. This specific sentence was pronnounced by my lips when my mother asked me:

How does it feel to be a working lady now? 

My instant reaction was an awful face and the only words I could spoke were:

 Work does NOT define me

Perhaps it sounds a bit rude, but believe me, the fact that you now work for a company, organization or anything alike, does not change who you are, maybe there are some changes, which is normal, from the schedule to what your activities are, but the person you are before entering the job remains.  As my mother asked that, my heart fell. It could only feel a little bit of sadness for the fact that people expect that from you, that you become a bussiness woman once you enter the "ADULT WORLD". 

Did i change? Well, now I'm more tired and I have had a hard time adjusting to my schedule. After the gym I can barely open a book and focus on learning new theories or investigating, but that also happened when I entered college and changes were made because of my personal decisions, not the institution or the learning experience. 

A job should be an addition to your person, even if you love it and breathe for it, without it there should not be an empty girl, because with and without the job I am a full 100% human that has herself very clearly, and no job, payment, institution or meeting will ever change the fact that I can live without it, I can be anything I want and I do NOT need a job or a title to be myself. 

The question was perhaps directed to the growing child she still perceives, but at the same time it contains a lot of expectation from just doing another activity, working or not, I'm still awesome! Still myself, and the working girl concept, as magical an empowering it is, it also pressures a lifestyle that might not be as flexible as we think, pushing people out of their tracks expecting something out of them that doesn't necessarily has to be the "best".


So, if you're ever in a situation in which WORK seems the only defining aspect of your life, let that feeling go away with the wind or maybe you can even blow the feeling far far away too cause no matter what, do not let anyone define you over anything!


Until another time

Mexican Cherry 

You May Also Like

0 comments