When you turn 23

by - 7:03 PM



As a child I could only imagine what my life would be like as a young adult, only wandering in scenarios of being part of a large corporate and already living by myself in a luxurious condo or discovered by a talent recruiter and travelling the world as a famous artist. Anyways, none of that happened, and there is nothing to worry about, because in this world, everyone has their own time, without having to be absorbed by others expectations of our own lives.

Today about six weeks and three days away from my birthday, life pushed me to a point in which a lot of people my age deal with...I think. Let me give you some context in the form of a list:

1 . Searching for a job
2 . Unsure about life path
3 . Figuring out a life purpose

Sounds so dramatic, but there is no other way to describe how sometimes we feel, without sugar coating or a fancy editing that makes us look flawless as Queen B once sang for us.

Turning 23 is also about reflecting on what you want, money? love? money and love? And if I know what I want, how to get it? Multiple questions come over the surface as we walk one more step into the 24 path fearing we'll reach halfway of the tweenties feeling the same way.

Wish I could tell you how to take the next step out of the questioning but I'm as uncertain as you perhaps. The only thing I can assure you is that hard times give us the tools to grow and overcome them, learning a lot through the progress of understanding who we are at least in the present. Be sure not to fall in a pit of lazyness disguised as self-care, because that line is an easy one to cross and make us feel we are in a parisian movie, when in fact, we are just hiding and avoiding our own growth, so challenge yourself everyday, whether is making your bed or taking a walk outside, courage is within us and we gotta let the world know about it!

If you ever need anyone to listen, here I am, judge free, sending all good vibes right at you <3

-L-


You May Also Like

0 comments