NEUTROGENA - OIL FREE MOISTURE?

by - 3:44 PM

My heritage has given to me specific and wonderful qualities and also certain biological details that I cannot change, one of them: OILY SKIN. 

Yep! I am one of the shiniest faces in town and believe me, it is not because of my killing highlighter or the glassy dewy skin make up provided, noup, it is my own oily face shining through the day as if there was no tomorrow. 

For this reason I am always on the look for a great face moistureizer that can keep me hydrated and not add a ton of grease in order to accomplish that, and one day walking through the aisles of Walmart looking for nothing in particular, there was a bottle that called my name and without blinking the item was in my shopping cart, what was it? 

You can buy it (or find it) HERE!

Anyways let me tell you how excited I was to find an oil-free moistureizer + the magical addition of SPF15! Oh well, my dreams were shattered by the first application. Went on the skin great and I noticed a gorgeous fragance that reminded me of a fresh summer vacation, until the feeling of a thick greasy film all over my face was discovered by a glance at the mirror. Not only it was feeling heavy and greasy, it also left my face looking shiny, and not the cute dewy shine, just oily! 

Not to panic! Maybe it was only the first application and then my skin will get used to it, and absorb it better. Yeah it never happened, it was literally like applying a regular sunscreen. 

After weeks of trying it all over my body attempting to like it, because it really promises moisture + sunscreen effect + oil-free qualities! And yet, none was the best for me, it even made me break out on various parts of my face. Actually, it is advertised as a moistureizer but, the bottle directions are merely sunscreen ones, saying you have to apply it 15 minutes before sun exposure and reaply every 2 hours at least! Am, nope, not this time Neutrogena, how are we oily skins gonna apply it every two hours and maximize the greasy mess it left after the first application? 

*Thinking it could work as a sunscreen only if you do not have oily skin*

It was sad, mostly because this brand has been one of the most affordable and promising that I have ever found, and a lot of their products have worked for me in the past but, this one is a true pass for me. So, Mexican Cherry approved? No...not this time, but hey! it might have been only my sassy face not cooperating and it could really work on yours! Who knows! 


Have you tried it? Was your experience a good one with this product? Tell me more! Let's share our tips, tricks and adventures! I am eager to know more about your thoughts on this!




🍒🍒🍒


Photo by: Mexican Cherry

You May Also Like

0 comments