The Carrie Bradshaw effect

by - 11:22 PM

Have you ever felt like you connect with the story of a character in TV? Most of the time it is just fantasy, but others the script hits you on the gut and shocks your system making you wonder how is that so like my real life???? 

This has happened to me with multiple movies, series and books even, but there is a show like no other, oh yes! Sex and the city (SATC)~  One of the most popular series ever made and girl, it is one of the most relatable ones also! If you haven't seen it, believe me, it is life changing. 

I was exploring the instagram random posts to vary my feed and found a ton of accounts that have these stills of the show with the captions on it, quotes and else. 20 minutes later I was still going through this content, one caption got my eye and I kept scrolling, but now with warmth that filled my entire being. What was it? 

For the ones that have yet to watch SATC, I won't spoil the whole story, but in Season 4, episode 8, this happens: 

To be short, her boyfriend at the moment "Aidan", helps her with her laptop since it failed and she lost her entire work. He then buys a new computer and tries to help her with everything he can.. 

More happens in the episode but to be honest the part that inspired this post is only that fraction of love that Aidan shows to Carrie and how it made me remember how my love life has been in the  very same situation! 

I am not that good when it comes to technology, digital stuff in general and even though I'm passionate to learn and discover, sometimes I wander through hours of desparin trying to install something. For a few years I have been lucky enough to have a digital wizard all for myself (well, helping me with it) and it seems that this image of them just like that, took me back to every moment my man has ever helped me with stuff like that. There is this feeling of gratitude and love that just fills me up and makes me smile so wide everyone wonders wth is going on with me. 

Some may call me intense for expressing my feelings a lot, but goddamn, as I always say: If I love, I love with my all and no restraint at all ~

❤❤❤❤

Love is not meant to be tied or censored, to me, expressing it is the most healthy thing you can ever do and it also assures the other part of the relationship of how you feel about them. I cannot be more thankful to the man always helping and supporting me in every way. He is way more than this scene of Aidan, even more than Mr. Big himself and if you know what I'm talking about, you must know how extreme this case is!  Yes, I've been there, even though independence runs through my veins, I can sometimes feel lost and a hand of support is always good and what better than from your favorite human ever? 

If you are lucky to have a special someone in your life, do not take it for granted, it is a miracle your energy matches another one and if love sprouts from that special connection, you've hit the JACKPOT!

Personally I am living in Vegas if that's the case, and don't get me wrong, not everything is perfect, but it is for sure more than ever 💕
Believe me, I will write more about SATC in the future, reminiscing, reviewing it and every single aspect this lovely show reaches. 

-I might be late on my blog schedule, love and self care have taken their time to disrupt my life a little bit and make it way more fun and healthy than ever- 

You May Also Like

0 comments