Smart or honest friendships

by - 12:05 AM

Life presents us a  range of choices to be made daily, from the most mundane such as chosing what to have for breakfast or our outfits, to the ones that will change our lifes forever. To me, one choice of life are friends.

Art by Allison Harvard - Sadly I don't recall the title...

We definitely chose people to participate and share our life together, and in this process there were times some people told me to leave behind my honest feelings, opinions and more importantly, to just adapt and be with others because in the future I might need their connections.

So, are friendships supposed to be smart or honest? 

I understand that the relationship we have with others can save us from difficult times, but to me there is absolutely no way I will ever "have a friend" just because of benefits. I have lived with a principle of honesty, with a note of purity within; I won't let anyone change me or tell me how to be, nor I will change others or tell them how to be either.

How I am is literally how I am - Sorry if this sounds a bit confusing, but it is the only way I have ever lived until this day, and I must say it has cost me some events maybe, night outs, parties and awful team projects, but in the end I know that the friends I have, even if I can count them perhaps with one hand, are the best ever and our friendship is as pure as the purest thing you can think of.

Wether I will need connections or others favours is unknown...but I have witnessed how mean people have taken advantage of those with clean intentions, just because of convenience, and also experienced the effect by myself.  I thought a girl was kind and sweet once, leaving behind my first impression of her, thinking to myself I was awful for judging way too quick. Short story, that girl was not sweet at all, she was a mean girl, one that would talk crappy things behind your back but would talk to you very nicely if she needed anything.

Experiences like those made me realize that if I ever encountered another mean girl or well another mean person, there wouldn't be a chance of them hurting me. Since then there was no question anymore of how to conduct my relationships in the future.

Proud that nothing changed me or my principles, it is true sometimes it affects me that others have like 10 close friends and can go out as a group, or maybe even the fact that in my own prom, this would be evident, that my friendships are not plenty, but one thing I know for sure is that there is no regret! I rather have 2 other close friends that encourage me to do my best and tell me things straightforward than having 20 that talk nasty about me behind my back or that just talk to me because they need something.

Mexican Cherry encourages you to stay true and to not let anyone change you! Keep the positive vibes floating `~




🍒🍒🍒

You May Also Like

0 comments